I like doing radio and TV on my topics, meaning business planning, starting a business, small business, and growing a business. You can contact me directly for this or go through the Palo Alto Software media agency in the Contact page.
Media clips and recent interviews:
- I’m one of SBTV’s featured experts, meaning there is a Tim Berry Page on SBTV offering a series of video interviews on topics related to planning, small business, startups, family business, and growing a business. There are more than a dozen separate video interviews, all done in 2007.
- I’m a regular on Jim Blasingame’s Small Business Advocate radio talk show.
- Plan-as-you-go business planning interview in Small Business Trends, from November 2007.
- The Wall Street Journal wrote about me changing jobs in Tips on Relinquishing Control from an Executive Who Did So in October of 2007.
- Interviewed by WebProNews at eBay Live in Boston, June 2007.
- Interviewed by Guy Kawasaki for his blog, July, 2007.
- Interviewed in Forbes.com.
The One-Line Bio:
President and founder of Palo Alto Software, co-founder of Borland International, founder of bplans.com, author of books and software, teacher of entrepreneurship, blogger, father of five, married 38 years.
The Short Bio:
I’m president and founder of Palo Alto Software, founder of bplans.com, and a co-founder of Borland International. I built Palo Alto Software from zero to 40 employees and 70% market share without outside investment. I built the management team that now runs it while I’m blogging, teaching, and writing. I teach starting a business at the University of Oregon. I am author of books and software including Business Plan Pro, published by Palo Alto Software, and The Plan-As-You-Go Business Plan, published by Entrepreneur Press. I have a Stanford MBA degree and degrees with honors from the University of Oregon and the University of Notre Dame.
Photos and bios for publication purposes:
Suggested interview questions:
Not that I like to get questions in advance; I’d rather wing it. However, people ask, so here is a list of suggested interview questions.